How we Use, Share and Disclose Information We Collect
- Connect Journals does not share personal information we learn about you from your use of the Service or this web site with others except as described in this policy. We do not share your information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- When you provide personal information through using the Service you are however sharing your personal information with Connect Journals, organizations that may hold a majority interest in Connect Journals, their divisions or subsidiaries and, Connect Journals and any of its divisions or subsidiaries. The use of your personal information by these organizations is subject to this policy.
- We do not share your information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, Connect Journals may display targeted advertisements based on personally non-identifiable information (such as browser type and IP address) and/or personal selection (See the Section entitled "Third Party Advertising" below for more information on how your information is shared with advertisers).
- Connect Journals may use your personal information where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction, to operate or improve Connect Journals and related journals and services, to do something that you have asked us to do, or tell you of journals and services that we think may be of interest.
- Connect Journals may use your email address to contact you with required email messages about the Service.
- Where you are contacted with an offer or service based on information you have shared with Connect Journals, we will do our best to provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such further communications at the time you are contacted.
- Connect Journals does or may share personally identifiable information about you under the following circumstances:
- In the course of operating our business it may be necessary or appropriate for us to provide access to your personal information to others such as our service providers, contractors and select vendors so that we can operate the Service and our business. Where practical, we seek to obtain confidentiality agreements that are consistent with this policy and that limit others\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' use or disclosure of the information you have shared.
- We may transfer personal information to certain advertising partners that you have explicitly requested to receive information from. It will be clear at the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply.
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, if in our judgment; disclosure is required or appropriate in such circumstances.
If there is ever a change to how Connect Journals uses or intends to use personal information, we will post that change to this policy and, if the new policy is materially less restrictive than this policy, we will seek your consent.
Third Party Advertising
Connect Journals does not share any personally identifiable information with advertisers. Connect Journals may share general demographic information (such as information about members\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' aggregate interests and occupations) and non-personally identifiable information (such as browser type and IP addresses) with advertisers and partners. Connect Journals does not give advertisers access to your private personal account information (such as email address). However, by selecting, interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
Confidentiality and Security
No data transmissions over the Internet or via wireless networks can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems.
- We use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- Your Connect Journals Account Information is password-protected.
- Connect Journals uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
If Connect Journals learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps, however, we will never ask you to submit additional personal information or to verify the status of or information related to your account in any electronic communication email. By using this web site or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this site. Connect Journals may post a notice on our web site if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the connectjournals.com web site. Connect Journals may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances, however, we will never ask you to submit additional personal information or to verify the status of or information related to your account in any such email.
Third Party Websites