About the Journal
The journal “Annals of Entomology”, was established in 1983 to promote the research in the field of Entomology. It publishes original research papers, review works and short communications on all fundamental and applied aspects of insects, ticks and mites of agriculture, public health, veterinary, storage, forestry, forensic and biodegradation significance. This bi-annual journal is published in the months of June and December each year.
All publication rights have now been taken over by CONNECT JOURNALS. The journal will be published in Print as well as Online versions.
Guidelines to the Authors for submission of Manuscript
1. Research articles submitted for publication should contain original findings of the author’s and must not be or has been presented for publication elsewhere.
2. Papers should be in English and limited to 12 typed pages including figures and tables. Short communications should not exceed 2 typed pages. All pages should contain both line and page numbers.
3. Manuscript must be prepared in MS Word, 12 pt, Times New Roman double-spaced, and a side margin of at least 1½ inch should be left on both sides of the printed A4 size paper. Nothing should be italicized except Latin names of species.
4. Tables and figures should be constructed so as to be intelligible without reference to the text. Photographs should be on glossy paper giving sharp contrast and should not be less than postcard size. These may preferably be arranged as plates. On the back of diagrams and photographs running title of the paper and name of the author (s) should invariably be written with lead pencil. All tables and illustrations should be numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, etc.) in the order they are referred in the text.
5. References to literature should be listed alphabetically by authors and all references should be complete. Names of the journals should be abbreviated according to the World List of Scientific Periodicals (4th edition 1964). References should read in the text as follows: Mound (2005) or (Mound, 2005), Ilango et al. (1994), (Hoy, 2003; Vijay Veer et al., 2008). Papers by the same author in the same year should be distinguished by letters a,b,c,d, etc At the end of the paper they should be listed alphabetically according to the first author, i.e.:
For research papers: Mound L.A. 2005. The Thrips orientalis group from South-east Asia and Australia: some species identities and relationships (Thysanoptera, Thripidae). Australian Journal of Entomology, 44: 420-424.
Ilango, K., Dhanda, V., Srinivasan, R., Sadanand, A.V. and Lane, R.P. 1994. Phlebotomine sandflies (Diptera: Psychodidae) of Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry, southern India, in relation to visceral leishmaniasis. Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology, 88: 413-431.
For book: Hoy, M. A. 2003. Insect Molecular Genetics. An Introduction to Principles and Applications. Second edition. Academic Press/Elsevier, San Diego. C.A. 560 pp.
6. Ethical considerations will be taken into account in considering the acceptability of papers, and the editors’ decision on this, as on other aspects, will be final.
7. In order to promote the journal, authors must recommend the journal in their institutional library, either in hard copy or the online version; for greater access and benefit to other researchers, and also to increase citation of your article in this journal. The Institutional Library must write us directly for a Proforma Invoice.
8. It is mandatory for author(s) to be a subscriber of the journal in order to get their paper published. The corresponding author will then receive Final PDF version of their manuscript through E-Mail for non-commercial use. One Print Copy of the Journal issue will also be sent.
D-189, Ramprastha Colony
PO Chander Nagar
Ghaziabad - 201011
E : firstname.lastname@example.org